The bump is big. Yes, yes it is… I am growing a human.
My inner critic has been harassing me a little this week, despite the fact that I am not enormous or about to keel over with obesity but we all have these moments of self-doubt, (don’t we?) and for some reason mine was this week. I’ve not been eating as well as I should have. I’ve had far too many cravings for ludicrous coloured ice creams dipped with hundreds and thousands of hundreds and thousands and I’ve been eating a LOT of chocolate not to mention drinking a gallon of ribena each day! so all in all I think we can safely say “Mama’s got a sweet tooth!”
Aside from that, I also haven’t been sleeping that well as I can’t seem to get comfy now I’m that little bigger and feeling rather more cumbersome. I’m a little snappy with my husband and have already started to feel a little bit like I am nesting. He is well accustomed to it now it’s round too but I still feel bad. Hope he knows it’s the hormones and not actually ‘me’. I think he does (fingers crossed).
But it has been a good week for self-loving though and this is what we are going to talk about in my “Glow with the Flow” session this week.
Here are my self love activities that I can tick off:
- given myself about 4 facials in a fortnight. Cleanse, tone and moisturise. I use a bamboo flannel and take 10 minutes to really relax and treat myself.
- gone to the woods. Freddie and I go pretty much every Friday. He loves it, I love it and being outside in nature does wonders for the soul – fact.
- looked though old photos of Freddie and reminded myself how far I’ve come as his mama and what I’ve learned along the way.
- taken a load of naps – the best being yesterday’s 2 and a half hour one and I still managed bed at normal time! Thank you my man!
- had a coffee with fellow mama. So good to be able to share this world of motherhood
- read my book (this is such a rarity but o so good for the soul!)
- chatted on the phone to bestest friends – nothing better.
- went swimming in my PJs – not quite as liberating as skinny dipping but fun all the same!
- did yoga and balanced with the best of them – gave myself the kudos!
- cooked, baked, sewed made smoothies and scrapbooked!
- My little one and I have also crafted together but will be writing about that in a separate post soon. ( Easter crafts)
I hope this inspires you to do a little of all the things you love and see how much better you feel in mind and body.